When your Roku freezes or reboots randomly, there are 3 things that you can do to fix the problem. Update your Roku, restart your Roku, or reset your Roku.
Installing the latest update for your Roku device allows you to have the latest fixes and security updates. Here’s how to check for an update.
- Press “Home.”
- Go to “Settings.”
- Open “System.”
- Choose “System Updated.”
- Select “Check Now.”
There are different ways to turn off your Roku box. But, the most common way is to:
- Unplug the power from the rear of the device.
- Wait about a minute.
- Plug the Roku power supply back in.
- Press “Home“, then go to “Settings” > “System” > “Advanced system settings” > “Factory reset” > “Factory reset everything“.
- Press and hold the reset button on the back or bottom of the Roku box for about 20 seconds.
Does your Roku still freeze or restart? The next step is to contact Roku’s 24/7 support team at the following number 855-766-2988.
You can also take it back to the store where you first purchased it for an exchange or further help.
- How to restart your Roku device when it’s freezing or running slowly | Business Insider
- Roku Keeps Freezing Up | Roku Forums
- Fix a Freezing Roku with Hard and Soft Reset | Tom’s Guide