In general, to turn off Roku devices, go to the Settings option. Select the System option and then choose the Power option. Then, tap the Auto Power Off option. Your Roku device automatically turns off in 30 seconds. However, you can power it off right away when you press the Power Off option
Roku 4 And Newer
- Select “Settings” > “System” > “Power“.
- You can choose:
- “Auto power off” – Automatically power off the Roku after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- “System Restart” – Reboot the system.
- “Power off” – Completely shut down the Roku.
To turn on your Roku again all you have to do is press any button on the remote that came with your Roku.
You should note that there is no way to turn off Roku with remote as there is no power button. You need to go through the settings menu.
Roku 3 And Lower
Unfortunately, there is no option to turn off Roku 3 and lower devices. The only way to completely power off a Roku 3 is to disconnect it from the power supply.
There is, however, a power save mode. After about 30 minutes of inactivity, the device goes into power save mode.
Most older models of the Roku use about 4 watts of energy when in idle or 6 watts when fully functional. Thus, they do not consume much energy.
- Can I power my Roku® streaming player on or off? – Roku Support