To reset Roku devices to factory default settings, you press the Home button on your Roku remote. Scroll up or down and select Settings. Select System. Select Advanced System Settings. Select Factory Reset. Confirm you want to continue the factory reset and enter the special code provided.
The above option is a hard reset or factory reset. However, you can also soft reset your Roku if you don’t want to lose all your settings and data.
- Get your Roku remote
- Press “Home” 5 times
- Up one time
- Rewind 2 times
- Fast Forward 2 times
- On the Home screen
- Select “Settings.”
- Then, select “System.”
- From there, select “Power.”
- Lastly, choose “System restart.”
- Find the “Reset” button on the back or bottom of the device.
- Some models will require a paperclip to press the button.
- Press and hold the button for about 2 seconds.
- The Roku device ought to restart after 2 seconds.
- Open the Home Screen
- Go to “Settings.”
- From here, open “System.”
- Then, select “Advanced system settings.”
- Choose the option that reads “Factory reset.”
- Open “Settings.”
- Select “Factory Reset.”
- Choose “Factory reset.”
- Now, hit Yes.
- Detach all cables except the Power cord.
- Press and hold the “Reset” button on the back or bottom of the device for about 20 seconds.
- Some models require a paper clip to push the button.
- Continue to hold the “Reset” button.
- Remove the Power cord from the back of the unit.
- Release the “Reset” button, then plug all of the cords back into the device.
- How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? – Roku Support