You can tell that your Roku device is overheating by looking at the LED indicator/light. The light is normally white.
However, if it turns solid red, this means that your Roku is overheating. A flashing red light indicates that your Roku device is not receiving enough power.
Also, if you start your Roku, a warning message will appear in the corner of your screen that reads “Your Roku device is overheating.”
To prevent your Roku overheating:
- Never place your Roku device on the top of the set-up box, Wi-Fi router.
- Keep your Roku device way from direct sunlight.
- Never place your Roku in an enclosed space.
To fix when Roku overheating:
- Restarting your Roku device can sometimes stop the overheating.
- Unplug the power cable of the Roku device and allow it to cool down.
- Wait for at least 10-15 minutes. After the Roku cools down, you can start streaming again.
- If you get an overheating warning message again on the TV screen or solid red light on the device, power off your Roku.
- Repeat the above steps until your Roku returns to normal.
- Roku player may be overheating – Roku Support – https://support.roku.com/article/226794787-what-does-the-red-light-on-my-roku-express-or-express-mean-
- Overheating – Roku Community – https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Overheating/td-p/498313
- Roku Streaming Stick overheating after a month? : Roku – Reddit – https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/8rhv7g/roku_streaming_stick_overheating_after_a_month/
- My Roku Overheating Fix – Video – YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3XR9yIu-IM
- Solution to Overheating and Heat-Related Issues (i.e. Crashing, Freezing, Restarting, etc) – Amazon Customer Review – https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2FOJVOTR4R6O0?ASIN=B01DA0YCNC
- How to Tackle if the Red Light is On or You See a ‘Your device is Overheating’ Warning – Tom’s Guide – https://forums.tomsguide.com/faq/how-to-tackle-if-the-red-light-is-on-or-you-see-a-%E2%80%98your-device-is-overheating%E2%80%99-warning.435940/