You can use Roku without remote access by downloading the Roku mobile app on your smartphone. Here’s what to do.
- Download the Roku app to your smartphone.
- Open the app and tap Remote.
The Roku mobile app remote can do everything a physical remote control can do and more. For example, you can use a mobile app to enable private listening.
Connect To Internet
According to Roku, to connect your device to a new wireless network, you need a physical Roku remote to enter your new network password.
You need to do this first before you are able to connect to your device using the Roku mobile app.
Replace Roku Remote
If you have lost your remote or need a replacement, you can purchase a replacement in our accessories store here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories
Connect Roku To WiFi Without Remote
To connect Roku to WiFi without remote, you need a mobile phone, a hotspot, and the Roku app. (See notes below for a visual guide).
- Go to Settings on your mobile phone.
- Find the Mobile Hotspot option and then choose Set up Mobile Hotspot.
- Next, add the Wi-Fi network name and choose the Security mode as WPA2 PSK.
- Save the Mobile Hotspot and activate the hotspot.
- Download the Roku app on your phone from the app store.
- Open the app on your device after installing it.
- Press the Remote icon at the bottom of the app screen.
- The remote appears on the next screen. It will be like the hardware remote.
- Use the keys available on the remote layout to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Go to the Settings menu and find your wireless network.
- Enter the passcode and the device connects to the WiFi.
- How to Use the Roku Streaming Stick without the Remote – YouTube
- Roku lost remote not connected to wifi fix – YouTube
- Cannot connect to Roku to Wifi without remote – Roku Communities