For those that want to pay on a monthly basis, you can opt to pay $8.99 per month after your free trial, unless you can cancel it, to continue streaming your favorite Starz content. Before you rush off to get your trial account, here’s what you need to know about your subscription, how to get it, what you get with it, and how to cancel it.
How To Get The Free Trial
As of writing, you can get the trial of Starz basically anywhere you choose to subscribe. For example, Hulu, Amazon, Starz, Roku, Apple TV all offer easy ways to do so.
The free trial gives you access to all of the original TV shows and movie content that Starz offers. Please note that if you sign up via Amazon, you will be limited to only using Amazon Prime Video to stream.
You just have to know how to set it up properly to work with the respective platforms. With a direct subscription, you can stream content on four different devices at the same time.
Of course, you must already subscribe to Hulu to do so. If you don’t like what you get with the add-on, you can stop the subscription before the trial period runs out.
You can start using Starz by adding the channel on your Roku device or via Roku’s website. Once you choose to start the free trial, you can begin streaming immediately. However, it auto-renews for $8.99/month unless canceled before the free trial ends.
If you own a PlayStation 4 then you can opt to sign up for PlayStation Vue which includes Starz. It costs $45 per month, however, there’s a trial for new subscribers.
Also, if you are on a PlayStation, you can watch Starz through Prime Video, Hulu, and a selection of shows and movies through Netflix (provided that you signed up for any of the mentioned services).
On a side note, if you already subscribe to Starz through your cable company, then you can use those credentials to log in and stream everywhere except for Amazon Prime and Hulu.
Also, Comcast/Xfinity does not allow subscribers to log into STARZ at this time. All other cable providers do support third-party access, however.
What Do You Get
With the trial, you get access to all shows and movies currently in their line up. Here’s a sample:
- Ash Vs. Evil Dead
- Black Sails
- The Girlfriend Experience
- Survivor’s Remorse
- Party Down
- The White Queen
- Da Vinci’s Demons
- The Missing
- Magic City
- The Chair
They also offer a selection of movies that include but is not limited to:
- Sicario Day of the Soldado
- Jurassic Park: The Lost World
- Wreck-It Ralph
- Dirty Dancing
- Dark Crimes
- Inside Out
- Big Hero 6
You can check out everything that they have to offer on their streaming service by visiting their browsable page.
The good thing about it is that you can also download the content for offline viewing on select Android and iOS devices. However, there are restrictions. For example, you can’t view content internationally. Only in North America. And, not all titles are available for offline viewing.
How To Cancel
It’s easy to cancel your Starz subscription. At any time, you can do so via Amazon Channels or directly through the dashboard on Starz.
On Amazon Channels
- Sign in to the Amazon Prime account linked to the subscription.
- Hover over the Accounts & Lists menu.
- Select Memberships & Subscriptions.
- Select Prime Video Channels.
- Select the Cancel Channel(s) link for Starz under the Actions column.
- Confirm you would like to cancel your subscription.
On Starz Website
- Open your browser and go to Starz.com.
- Log in to your Starz account.
- Click the Subscriptions link at the bottom of the page under the Account section.
- Click the Cancel Subscription link.
- Provide the reason for canceling your subscription.
- Pick Continue Cancellation.
If you subscribe through your cable provider then you’ll need to give them a call and have them tell you your options. If you subscribe directly through STARZ and need help then you can contact STARZ directly. For cable providers, read what channel is Starz on if you want to know the channel number.
- Comcast Customers To Pay More For STARZ
- Comcast & Starz Still Can’t Reach A Deal
- STARZ Has New CEO – Jeffrey Hirsch
- How To Get STARZ On Roku
- How To Get STARZ On Netflix
- How To Watch Starz Online
- AT&T + STARZ Sign Multi-year Deal
- Comcast Planning To Drop Starz By End Of 2019
- Starz Movies – What To Watch & Why
- Starz Documentaries – What To Watch & Why
- What Channel Is STARZ On Different Cable Providers?
- How Much Does Starz App Cost?
- Getting Help With Your STARZ Subscription
- Watch Starz On PS4 – Everything You Need To Know
- How to Cancel STARZ Subscription
- Starz TV Shows – What To Watch & Why
- Everywhere You Can Stream Starz
- How to activate Starz Using activate.starz.com