“OK Google Stop”: To turn off OK Google, open the Google App. In the upper left-hand corner, tap the menu icon. Tap Settings. Scroll to Voice > “OK Google“ Detection. Choose when you want your phone to listen when you say “Ok Google.”
I don’t like the fact that Google is always listening to me. So, the first thing I do when I get a new Android phone is to say “OK Google Stop”.
In other words, I turn off OK Google. And, you can too. Watch the short video below or check out the two methods I use to disable Google Now/Google Assistant.
Stop OK Google
- Open the Google App.
- In the upper left-hand corner, tap the menu icon (hamburger icon).
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll downward. Stop when you see Search -> Voice.
- Tap on Voice.
- Select the “Ok Google” Detection.
- Toggle the switch next to “Ok Google” detection.
Disable OK Google Method 2
- Go to Settings.
- Tap the General tab.
- Under “Personal“ go to “Language and Input”.
- Find “Google voice typing“ and tap the Settings button (cog icon).
- Tap “Ok Google“ Detection.
- Under the “From the Google app” option, move the slider to the left.
That was easy, right? If you liked how to disable OK Google, then you’d probably want to check out how I learned to disable Peel Smart remote or remove voicemail notifications that won’t go away.