One time I had the voicemail notification stuck on my phone’s screen. I know that I didn’t have a new voicemail pending but it just wouldn’t disappear.
If you find the voicemail notification icon stuck on your Android or iPhone’s display, there are several things to do to get rid of it.
The easiest thing to do is to restart your mobile phone. Hold down the power button or turn off your phone completely.
Wait for about 15 seconds then turn the phone on again. Check to see if the notification went away after the restart.
And if the restart doesn’t help you then it could be that your mailbox is not set up.
Here’s what else you can when your voicemail notification won’t go away.
Set up a voicemail box
- Hold down the 1 button on your smartphone.
- Key in the temporary password (the last four digits of your phone number).
- Follow the instructions to set up a new password and record your name and a personal greeting (or use the default message).
- Listen to any voicemail that may be in your inbox.
Sometimes, you may need to enter a carrier specific voicemail number in order to access your voicemail.
If you do not know this number then you need to contact your carrier for help. Often times, the number is the same as the number registered on your mobile.
Once you set up the voicemail box and listen to any (if any) voicemail the notification should disappear.
Android specific fixes
I have a “New voice message” notification that I can not delete. I have tried:
- Settings => Apps => Phone => Storage => Clear the data and the cache. Restart.
- Settings => Apps => Show system apps => Call management => Storage => delete data and cache. Restart.
Do you like this guide? Then, why not check out How to remove Peel Smart Remote app from your smartphone or What to do when you encounter a Hulu playback failure?