Here’s how I activated the Showtime Anytime app on my Roku, Apple TV, and smart TV. All you need is your Showtime account and you’re good to go.
Things to know
- You must be an active Showtime subscriber.
- It can be via cable or some other provider.
- You can create an account and subscribe at Showtime’s website.
- Or you can subscribe through any of the supported third-party streaming services.
- Launch the Showtime Anytime app.
- Tap on a video you’d like to watch.
- Tap “Play”.
- When prompted, pick your streaming service or provider. If prompted, sign in to your provider or service account.
- You will see the activation code. Write it down.
- Launch a browser on your computer and go to showtimeanytime.com/activate.
- Log in.
- When the success message appears on the screen, your account has been activated.
- Open Apple TV and go to the Showtime Anytime channel.
- Select a program you’d like to watch and press “Play” or “Activate”.
- Pick your streaming or TV provider from the list on the activation screen.
- Write down the activation code you see on the screen.
- Launch the browser on your computer.
- Go to Showtime Anytime’s official website.
- Follow the activation instructions.
- Sign into your account.
- Use the credentials for your TV or satellite provider account and then enter your Apple TV activation code.
- If you see the success message on the screen, you can go back to your Apple TV and start watching your favorite shows on Showtime Anytime.
The easiest way to activate Showtime Anytime
The easiest way to get Showtime up and running on any device that supports the app is via the mobile application.
Once you set up Showtime Anytime on your Roku, Smart TV, or another device just go to “Settings.” on the mobile app and complete the device activation by entering the code in the activation box.
You can find it in the “Activate Devices” section of the mobile application for both Android and iPhone.
- Firstly, open the Showtime Channel.
- Then, from the menu, select ‘Activate’.
- Choose your TV provider or streaming service.
Is your TV provider or streaming service missing from the list? This usually means that either subscription does not support Showtime Anytime or access to Showtime Anytime on Roku Streaming Players is not available to you at this time.
- The screen displays a code.
- Use the code to activate Showtime Anytime.
- To do so, go to www.showtimeanytime.com/activate on your computer.
- Also, you can go to ‘Activate Devices’ within the Settings section of Showtime Anytime on the web or your mobile device.
Lastly, on the website or mobile app, sign in to Showtime Anytime use your username and password for your television provider or streaming service account.
Enter the activation code from your Roku. A success message appears on the screen. You can immediately start using Showtime Anytime on Roku.
If you have a smart TV, like a Samsung smart TV, then the steps are similar to the above.
- Search for the Showtime app on your smart TV or try to play a Showtime show or movie.
- Log in with your cable provider info or with your streaming service account info.
- Go to www.showtimeanytime.com/activate on your computer.
Also, you can go to ‘Activate Devices’ within the Settings section of Showtime Anytime on the web or your mobile device.
- Enter the code in the box provided and activate Showtime.
The steps for setting up Showtime Anytime on most smart devices are basically the same. Activating the service through the mobile app is easy.
On my PlayStation 4, I had to get Showtime through the Playstation Vue app. It’s a monthly subscription for live TV streams. Sometimes you need to use www.showtimeanytime.com/activate on a web browser.
- Turn on your Xbox One.
- Open the Showtime Anytime app.
- Open the menu and select either the “Activate” or “Play” options.
- You will see the list of eligible providers. Find and select your provider.
- Next, you will see an activation code on the screen. You should write this down.
- Open your computer’s web browser and go to Showtime Anytime’s official site.
- Find the activation page and follow the instructions.
- Go to the “Activate Devices” page and use your provider’s password and username.
- Enter your Xbox One’s activation code.
- When the success message appears, you’re ready to watch Showtime Anytime on your Xbox One.