If Google Maps notification won’t go away on your phone, you can turn off the notification settings for Google Maps, restart your phone, or force reinstall the Google Maps app to resolve the issue.
Turn Off Google Maps Notifications
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Tap the menu button in the upper left-hand corner.
- Scroll down, tap on the “Settings” button.
- Scroll down, tap “Notifications”.
- Adjust the Google Maps notification settings as needed.
Restart Your Phone
- Press and hold the power button on your phone to turn it off.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Press the power button to restart your phone.
- Check to see if the notification went away.
Reinstall Google Maps
- Go to your app store and find the Google Maps app.
- Choose to uninstall completely or uninstall updates.
- Then, reinstall the app.
- Check to verify that the notification no longer appears.
You can also go into your phone’s settings, find google maps, and turn off the app’s ability to send badge notifications. The notification should then disappear.
- Google maps notification stuck? Only restarting fixes but once I drive anywhere again it won’t go away. – Reddit – https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS9/comments/bi23vp/google_maps_notification_stuck_only_restarting/
- Notification Won’t Go Away – Google Maps Help – Google Support – https://support.google.com/maps/forum/AAAAQuUrST8i3qFYODwJFk/?hl=en-GB
- How To Turn Off Those Pesky Google Maps Notifications – Android Headlines – https://www.androidheadlines.com/2019/07/how-to-turn-off-google-maps-notifications.html
- How To Get Rid Of Voicemail Notification That Won’t Go Away – Collegian News – https://collegiannews.com/how-to-get-rid-of-voicemail-notification-that-wont-go-away/502021/
- How to turn off annoying feature of Google Maps app – Seattle Times – https://www.seattletimes.com/business/technology/how-to-turn-off-annoying-feature-of-google-maps-app/