To check traffic to work or home: 1. Open the “Google Maps” app, and search for “Home” or “Work. 2. Select the navigation arrow to go into navigation mode. 3. Enter a starting point (Home or Work). 4. While navigation, select the icon at the upper-right corner, then choose “Traffic“.
Use Google to check traffic
- Open the “Google” app.
- Open the menu.
- Go to the “Commute” section and select “View all settings”.
- Scroll down and tap the Home icon.
- Type the address to your home. Tap “OK” when you’re done
- Tap the Briefcase icon, then type the address to your work. Tap “OK” when you’re done.
- Open the “Google Maps” app, and search for “Home” or “Work.
- Choose the navigation arrow to go into navigation mode.
- Enter a starting point (Home or Work).
- Open the menu and choose “Traffic”.
Now areas of the street will have a color to indicate the traffic level on them.Green = Light traffic.
Orange = Moderate traffic.
Red = Congested.
- Go to Google Maps.
- In the “Search Google Maps” field, type “Work”.
- Or, type in your work address if not already set.
- In the “Search Google Maps” field, type “Home”.
- Or, type in your home address if not already set.
- To see traffic on any map, select “Menu” > “Traffic“.
The map indicates traffic congestion with the following color codes:
- Green = Light traffic.
- Orange = Moderate traffic.
- Red = Congested.
Please note that Google Maps works best in the Google Chrome browser. Also, if you have any issues with the map, a good idea is to clear the Chrome cache.
You can also save locations on Google Maps so that you have quick access to your favorite places.
If you’re like me and want to use a different language in Chrome then you can read this article.