To check traffic to work or home: 1. Open the “Google Maps” app, and search for “Home” or “Work. 2. Select the navigation arrow to go into navigation mode. 3. Enter a starting point (Home or Work). 4. While navigation, select the icon at the upper-right corner, then choose “Traffic“.
Use Google to check traffic
- Open the “Google” app.
- Open the menu.
- Go to the “Commute” section and select “View all settings”.
- Scroll down and tap the Home icon.
- Type the address to your home. Tap “OK” when you’re done
- Tap the Briefcase icon, then type the address to your work. Tap “OK” when you’re done.
- Open the “Google Maps” app, and search for “Home” or “Work.
- Choose the navigation arrow to go into navigation mode.
- Enter a starting point (Home or Work).
- Open the menu and choose “Traffic”.
Now areas of the street will have a color to indicate the traffic level on them.Green = Light traffic.
Orange = Moderate traffic.
Red = Congested.
- Go to Google Maps.
- In the “Search Google Maps” field, type “Work”.
- Or, type in your work address if not already set.
- In the “Search Google Maps” field, type “Home”.
- Or, type in your home address if not already set.
- To see traffic on any map, select “Menu” > “Traffic“.
The map indicates traffic congestion with the following color codes:
- Green = Light traffic.
- Orange = Moderate traffic.
- Red = Congested.
Please note that Google Maps works best in the Google Chrome browser. Also, if you have any issues with the map, a good idea is to clear the Chrome cache.
You can also save locations on Google Maps so that you have quick access to your favorite places.