YouTube not working? Open the settings menu on your device. Tap on “Apps”, and choose YouTube. Choose “Storage”. First, clear data and see if YouTube works. If it doesn’t, go back and choose clear data and check if that solves the problem.
The above solution works when YouTube is not working on Android devices. But, sometimes the issue occurs on Safari, Chrome, or on a smart TV. what then?
Things To Check First
- Is your internet connection working?
- Update the operating system/App.
- Check your date and time settings.
- Restart your device. When YouTube stops playing, a simple restart often fixes the problem. But if that doesn’t work, you can try these other fixes.
- Is YouTube not working for just you or everyone else? Check a website like Down Detector to verify.
Why is YouTube not working in Chrome?
Corrupted data prevents YouTube from working in Chrome. It’s usually an issue with data stored in the Chrome browser cache or a problem with cookies. Clearing cache and cookies can fix issues with YouTube videos not working in Chrome.
You can clear the cache through the settings or options menu. Press Ctrl+Shift+Del (Windows) or Command+Shift+Delete (Mac) to open the deletion interface. Works for most browsers including Chrome and Safari.
- Tap or click the 3-dot menu in the upper-right corner of Chrome and select Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings screen and select Advanced to expand the options.
- In the Privacy and Security section, choose Clear browsing data.
- Check the box next to Cached images and files.
- Click or tap Clear data.
- Click the icon (three vertical dots) in the top right corner of the browser and select “Settings”.
- Click “Advanced” at the bottom and select “Site settings” under “Privacy and Security”.
Extensions can cause problems with YouTube. To check your extensions, go to chrome://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter.
Turn off each extension one by one by clicking the slider so it turns gray. After each, try YouTube again and see if the problem is fixed.
If it is, keep the extension disabled, and try contacting the developer to see if they can send out an update to fix the issue.
youtube+not+working = no good. Hopefully, the above tips help resolve the issue. If not, feel free to reach out to YouTube support or visit their help site listed in the references below.
- Youtube down or app not working? Current status and problems | Down Detector.
- Troubleshoot video streaming issues – Android – YouTube Help
- What to Do When YouTube Is Not Working on Chrome – Lifewire
- How To Activate YouTube on Any Device | Collegian News
- Youtube App Not Working – problem fix (Video) | Tech Smooth