When you try to open YouTube on a smart TV or other devices you might have to activate it with a code but what happens if the codes do not work? Here are some of the best ways to resolve the problem.
Sometimes re-logging to your account can help with youtube.com/activate enter code issues. Do the following:
- Open your Youtube app.
- Head over to Sign-in & settings.
- Now select Sign in and press X.
- The app will give you a code.
- Go to youtube.com/activate using your PC or phone.
- Sign in with your Google account info if needed.
- Enter the code from above and choose to continue.
- Select Allow access.
Sometimes the solution is as easy as restarting the app. After you enter the code and follow the instrcutuions restart the device (TV, Console) and try using the app again.
A while back, some YouTube apps were giving a 9 digit code but the website only supported 8 digits. If you are facing a similar issue simply delete the app from your device and install a fresh copy from the app store and the issue should resolve itself. If not, simply restart the process to request a new code.
- Try removing the cookies from youtube and google on the computer or device you are attempting to activate with.
- Try a different computer or use a tablet or phone to access the link.
- You do not need to be connected to the same internet connection but always make sure that the device you want to activate and the device you’re using to activate have a connection to the internet.
The above tips work for Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, Smart TVs, as well as Xbox and PlayStation consoles. If you’re still facing issues after then reach out to Google or YouTube support for assistance.