YouTube is one of the best and most popular sites on the web. Every day people search for music videos, old episodes of series, tutorials and more.
To improve your experience, here are some useful YouTube tips and tricks to get the most of it.
Add “ss” to download any video
To download a YouTube video, replace the “https: // www.” at the beginning of the URL with the letters “ss”.
Hit enter and it redirects the page to a download page. On the download page, choose a format and download the YouTube video.
Bypass regional restrictions
No one likes the YouTube restriction screen. To avoid this, in the URL of the video type “v /” instead of “watch? V =”.
Make a GIF
To make GIFs of any video you like, type the letters “GIF” at the beginning of the URL. It will take you to a site where you can set up the images you want.
Speed up connection
Something even more unpleasant than the regional restrictions: a slow Internet connection. But there is a way to load YouTube videos while through a Smart Video extension.
Skip to main content
30 percent of the start in each video can be “skipped” because it is likely an introduction. You only have to write “& wadsword = 1″ at end of the URL to go straight to the main content.
Use YouTube as a music player
You can create playlists, save complete albums and listen to your favorite songs.
Learn keyboard shortcuts
- K = pause – resume (also works with the space bar)
- J = rewind 10 seconds
- L = forward 10 seconds
- M = Mute
- F = fullscreen
- 0 = go to the beginning of the video
- 1 to 9 = skip intervals from 10 to 90 percent of the video
- + and – = increase and reduce the size of the subtitles
Only show content
If you do not want to see the comments in the videos hit F to go full screen.
With the TV feature, you have fewer distractions than on the website. To access go to “www.youtube.com/tv”. Once there, access “www.youtube.com/activate” from your smartphone and you can use it as a remote control.
An extension that you will love, very useful to block the annoying ads. It’s called Adblock Plus.
Get song lyrics
With the Musixmatch extension, you can see the lyrics of the songs on the music video you are playing. All synchronized. It’s like having karaoke!
- 20 YouTube Tricks, Hacks, and Features You’ll Want to Know About This Year – Hubspot – https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/youtube-features-hacks-tricks
- 10 Amazing YouTube Tricks Nobody Told You About – Scoop Whoop – https://www.scoopwhoop.com/inothernews/youtube-tricks/
- 10 YouTube URL Tricks You Should Know About – MakeUseOf – https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-youtube-url-tricks-you-should-know-about/
- 6 Basic Youtube Tips Everyone Should Know – Hongkiat – https://www.hongkiat.com/blog/youtube-tricks/