Everyone wants to know how to make guppy fry grow faster. Especially those of us who make a profit from our fish. Here are some great tips to increase the growth rate of your guppy fry to help them grow into healthy, beautiful, and profitable fish.
Guppy Fry Not Growing
The following things can hinder the growth rate of your guppies:
- Lack of water volume or too much water volume.
- Lack of water changes and poor water quality.
- Lack of quality and variety of food.
Water Volume & Space
Too much space and water can prevent young guppies from finding food. The baby fry use up a lot of energy in search of food, the energy that would otherwise be used to promote growth in a smaller tank.
On the other hand, a lack of space and water volume can also hinder the growth of your baby guppies. This is especially true if the tank is overcrowded.
For younger guppies, less than one-month-old, 0.5 gallons (2 liters) per fry is a good starting point. For one-month-old and up, 1 gallon (4 liters) per guppy fry is needed. Adult fish should be kept in at least 5 gallons (20 liters).
Water hardness is not very important for guppies, but try to keep it between 150-450 ppm. Also, for best results and growth rate keep the water pH between 6.8-7.8.
Fresh water is important during the early growth stages of your guppies. When you change the water in your aquarium you are getting rid of waste and toxins that, if left unremoved, can lead to various diseases and illnesses.
Changing the water 1-2 times a week, where you replace 15-20% of the water, is a good starting point. This will keep waste at a minimum and increase the growth of your guppy.
Although guppies can support a wide range of water parameters, they are sensitive to huge fluctuations. If you use tap water for weekly water changes, do not change it to a well or rainwater source. Make sure that the transition is smooth, so the fish can acclimate to the new water.
Adult guppies live and flourish on dried food. While you don’t necessarily have to mix up their diets, it is important to do so for the fry. Feeding your baby guppies a variety of food gives them access to much-needed minerals and vitamins. A mixture of both live and dry food is recommended. See guppy fry care and how to feed guppy.
Tips To Make Guppy Fry Grow Faster
- Raise guppy fry in a separate tank.
- Do not raise them in breeding boxes.
- Do not keep fry with adults or in a community tank.
- Separate fry by size and gender (if possible).
- Give them enough space and water volume.
- Feed your fry regularly with quality and a variety of food.
- Do regular tank maintenance and weekly water changes.
- Gravel vacuuming and filter maintenance are a must.
- Keep an eye out for parasites and diseases.
- Treat diseases and parasites as quickly as possible.
- Use a water conditioner to remove chlorine and chloramine
- Keep the water temperature stable at 75-78 °F (24-26 °C).
- Keep the pH level stable: 6.8-7.8.
- Use a sponge filter to avoid strong water flow.
- Add live plants such as moss or guppy grass.
- Keep artificial lights on for 12-16 hours/day (guppies need sleep too).
These are the top tips that will help you grow your guppy fry faster and healthier. With the above tips, your guppies can be ready for sale (if you sell).
- How to Make a Guppy Fry Grow Faster | Animals – mom.me
- How to Help Guppy Fry Grow: 10 Steps (with Pictures) – wikiHow
- How Long Does It Take For Baby Fish (fry) To Grow
- Guppy Fry Growth Stages – Guppy Aquarium
- Guppy Dropsy Disease – Symptoms & Treatment
- How To Tell Difference Between Male & Female Guppy Fry
- Best Flake Food For Guppy Fish
- Guppy Bent Spine – Scoliosis & Tuberculosis
- Why Do My Guppies Stay In The Corner Of Tank?
- Is It Ok To Keep Guppy In A Fish Bowl?
- Guppy Fish and Platy Fish – Are They Good Tank Mates?
- How Long Can Guppies Go Without Food?
- Best Live Plants For Guppy Fish Tank
- Why Do My Guppies Keep Dying?
- How Many Guppies In A 10 Gallon Tank
- Guppy Fish and Cherry Shrimp – Are They Good Tank Mates?
- Guppy Fish and Molly Fish – Are They Good Tank Mates?
- Guppy Fish and Goldfish – Are They Good Tank Mates?
- How To Tell If Guppies Are Stressed
- 10 Reasons To Get Guppies As A Pet
- What Is The Best Water pH Level For Guppies?
- Guppy Fish Growth Stages
- Guppy Fish and Angelfish – Are They Good Tank Mates?
- How To Start A Guppy Fish Tank
- Guppy Diseases, Parasites & Remedies
- Can Guppy Fish and Betta Fish Share A Tank?
- How To Care For Guppy Fish
- How To Care For Guppy Fry
- Guppy Fish Minimum Water Temperature
- Do Guppy Fish Lay Eggs?
- Do Guppies Need A Heater?
- How To Introduce Guppies To A New Tank
- What Fish Make Good Guppy Tank Mates?
- Do Guppies Sleep?