The iPhone battery icon changes from white to black or black to white depending on the color of the home screen background. With a dark background, the iPhone battery icon will be white. With a lighter background, the icon will turn black.
On app screens, the status bar turns gray and the battery icon turns green (with sufficient charge) or it can be red in color (if the battery is low on power).
The color of the iPhone battery icon is automatically chosen by the iOS system. The icon’s color will contrast with the background behind it. To test this, change your wallpaper or adjust the color of the wallpaper. The battery icon on your iPhone will also adjust if need be.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Choose the Wallpaper option.
- Tap Choose a New Wallpaper button.
- Choose one of the pre-installed options by tapping the Dynamic or Stills picture, or select a picture from your Photos app by selecting one of the albums at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap a picture to select it.
- Tap the Set button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose whether you wish to apply the image as your Lock Screen, Home Screen, or Both.
Below, you can see the iPhone battery icon white on a dark background and black on a lighter background (the settings menu).
- Why is my battery icon white and not green? | Apple Help Forums