To fix iPhone stuck in headphone mode:
- Plug in and unplug headphones.
- Check audio output settings.
- Enable and disable Airplane Mode.
- Restart the iPhone.
- Clean the headphone jack.
- Check for water damage.
- Get tech support from Apple.
Plug and Unplug Headphones
If your iPhone detects connected headphones, plug in and unplug a pair of headphones. This resets the connection.
Check Audio Output Settings
Recent versions of iOS allow users to control audio playback. It is possible that your setting is on the headphone mode.
- Open Control Center.
- Swipe right to left to reveal music controls. Or, tap the music controls in the top right corner.
- Tap the audio controls at the bottom of the panel. Or, tap the AirPlay icon (three rings with a triangle in it).
- In the menu that appears, if “iPhone” is an option, tap it to output the audio to your phone’s built-in speakers.
Enable Disable Airplane Mode
Your iPhone may think it’s connected to Bluetooth headphones. Enabling and disabling airplane mode can fix the connection.
- Open Control Center.
- Tap the Airplane Mode icon.
- Wait a few seconds, then tap the Airplane Mode icon again to turn Airplane Mode off.
Restart the iPhone
Restarting your iPhone solves most minor software glitches. For example, being stuck in headphone mode.
Clean the Headphone Jack
Your iPhone can’t tell the difference between a headphone and debris. Thus, debris can cause the iPhone to think there is a plugged in headphone. There are many options available on Amazon. Use it shoot a few bursts of air into the headphone jack to remove any debris.
Check for Water Damage
To check for water damage, you need to check the water damage indicator. The location and method vary from iPhone to iPhone. Check the Apple Support page for specific instructions.
Get Tech Support from Apple
If your iPhone is still stuck in headphone mode, take it to an Apple Store for further help. There, an Apple expert can identify the problem and attempt to fix it.
- How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Headphone Mode – Lifewire
- If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode – Apple Support
- iPhone is stuck in headphone mode – Apple Community
- How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Headphones Mode – Video
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Headphone Mode?
Headphone mode is a sound output mode/setting on iPhones, iPads, and iPods. When you plug headphones into an iOS device, the sound output switches to headphone mode.
Why Is My iPhone Stuck On Headphone Mode?
Your iPhone may be stuck on headphone mode due to a number of reasons. 1. Hardware issues caused by water damage. 2. Debris stuck inside the headphone jack. 3. A software glitch that tricks your iPhone into thinking that headphones are plugged in. 4. A connected Bluetooth headphone.