The quickest way to activate your personal credit card or debit card is with your Online Banking ID and Passcode.
Bank of America will confirm your identity, verify your card and get you on your way.
If you don’t use Online Banking yet, simply enroll to activate your credit card or debit card.
To activate your Bank of America credit card online:
- Go to https://www.bankofamerica.com/activate/
- If you don’t already have an account, you need to enroll using the last 6 digits of your card and your social security number.
- After, create a username and password to sign in.
- Enter your information to activate your card.
To activate your Bank of America credit card over the phone:
- Call the Bank of America card activation number at 800-276-9939.
- Say or enter your full account number.
- Enter your personal information for verification when prompted.
You can also use these numbers to activate your Bank of America card:
- Bank of America Customer Service: 1-800-432-100
- BoA card services: 1-800-732-9194
Also, note that new credit and debit cards usually have a sticker on them with activation instructions.
To activate your new card, call the number on the sticker attached to the card to activate your Bank of America credit card.
Once you activate your Bank of America debit card or credit card, you can make purchases, pay bills, etc. immediately.
Please note that the above and below instructions work for both Bank of America credit cards and Bank of America debit cards.
- How to Activate Your Bank of America Credit Card – WalletHub – https://wallethub.com/answers/cc/how-to-activate-bank-of-america-credit-card-2140665053/
- Card Activation | Welcome to Card Activation – Bank of America – https://www.bankofamerica.com/activate/
- Activating Your Credit Card – Bank of America – https://secure.bankofamerica.com/administer-accounts/public/card/activate.go?type=credit&channel=mobile&request_locale=es-US