Common Flower Names Beginning With L.
Lady Finger Cactus
It produces yellow flower heads in late summer, each head containing both ray florets and disc florets. Honeybees and butterflies are attracted to the flowers.
Studies conducted in India have found that Lantana leaves can display antimicrobial, fungicidal and insecticidal properties.
The name ‘delphinium’ is from the word meaning ‘dolphin’ in Latin, which originally came from the Greek, named due to the plant’s bud and spur that resembles the shape of a dolphin. All members of the genus Delphinium are toxic to humans and livestock.
Lavatera adds a passionate tone to the garden with its flowers that resemble hibiscus or mini hollyhock blossoms. Lavatera showcases an abundance of flowers in jewel-tone hues. This easy-growing plant is great for large pots or the back of a border.
Lechenaultia linarioides, commonly named yellow leschenaultia, is a shrub found in Southwest Australia.
Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis), balm, common balm, or balm mint produces small flowers full of nectar during the summer. It is not to be confused with bee balm (genus Monarda), although the white flowers attract bees.
The lemon thyme or citrus thyme is a lemon-scented evergreen mat-forming perennial. It prefers full sun and well-draining soil. The bloom period is mid to late summer, with pink to lavender flowers that are a nectar source for bees and butterflies. Flies and gnats, in addition to butterflies and bees, help pollinate the flower.
Leucadendron Red Gem is a medium-sized shrub with deep bronze-red flowers in autumn which open up to yellow with red bracts during winter.
Carbenoxolone, a compound derived from licorice root, may help slow the effects of aging on the brain.
New Hampshire designated the purple lilac as the official state flower in 1919.
A cool, permeable and well-drained soil is fundamental for the good growth of lilies. These flowering plants growing from bulbs, all with large prominent flowers.
Lily of the Valley
Convallaria majalis (Lily of the valley) is a herbaceous perennial plant that forms extensive colonies by spreading underground stems called rhizomes.
Commonly known as Lindheimer’s beeblossom, white gaura, pink gaura, Lindheimer’s clockweed, and Indian feather.
Little Nipple Cactus
Living Rock Cactus
Ariocarpus retusus is a species of cactus commonly known as the living rock cactus. These are slow growers and the flowers can take up to 10 years to bloom.
Lysimachia vulgaris, the yellow loosestrife or garden loosestrife grows best in wetlands, damp meadows, and forests.
It is also known as Indian lotus, sacred lotus, bean of India, Egyptian bean or simply lotus.
Love in the Mist
Love Lies Bleeding
Amaranthus caudatus: other names include pendant amaranth, tassel flower, velvet flower, foxtail amaranth, and quilete.
Commonly known as long-leafed lungwort, it is a bristly pubescent, clumping but slowly spreading, rhizomatous, herbaceous perennial plant.
During the flowering period, the first-flight adult butterflies lay eggs on or near the lupine plants. Other names include Lupinus or lupine.
- 5 Flowers That Start With Z
- 10 Flowers That Start With Y
- 7 Flowers That Start With X
- 18 Flowers That Start With W
- 10 Flowers That Start With V
- 10 Flowers That Start With U
- 10 Flowers That Start With T
- 15 Flowers That Start With S
- 10 Flowers That Start With R
- 5 Flowers That Start With Q
- 10 Flowers That Start With P
- 10 Flowers That Start With O
- 10 Flowers That Start With N
- 12 Flowers That Start With M
- 10 Flowers That Start With K
- 13 Flowers That Start With J
- 7 Flowers That Start With I
- 16 Flowers That Start With H
- 11 Flowers That Start With G
- 12 Flowers That Start With F
- 18 Flowers That Start With E
- 15 Flowers That Start With D
- 20 Flowers That Start With C
- 25 Flowers That Start With B
- 25 Flowers That Start With A
- 101 Different Types of Flowers – Explanation & Visual Guide