The main purpose of a filter is to keep water in the fish tank clean and clear. These are the best aquarium canister filters:
OASE Indoor Aquatics BioMaster Thermo
The OASE Indoor Aquatics BioMaster Thermo has a sleek and attractive design. Not only is it a great filter for your fish tank but it also has a built-in heater.
It uses a prefilter module that you spin out of the canister to rinse and reuse again. It also comes with intake and outlet, suction cups, a spray bar, activated carbon pads, and bio media.
It utilizes a 4 stage filtration mechanism ( biological, mechanical, chemical, and prefiltration) to ensure that your water is clean and safe for fish.
Marineland Magniflow Canister Filter for Aquariums
This Marineland aquarium canister filter features bio-filter balls and ceramic rings that provide a large surface area to promote bio spire growth.
The black diamond carbon gets rid of odors and other impurities in the water while the filter foam pads catch dirt and debris.
Fluvial C Power Aquarium Canister Filter
The Fluval C Power Filter is a 5-stage filtration system for aquariums between 40-70 gallons. It can filter up to 264 gallons of water per hour.
There’s a cleaning indicator that lets you know when its time to clean the polyfoam. It utilizes a clip-on filter for easy and quick maintenance.
Sunsun Pro Canister Filter
The Sunsun Pro is a 4-stage canister filter that comes equipped with 3 filter baskets to capture filtered debris. It uses fine and coarse filter pads as well as activated carbon in a pouch.
API Filstar XP
The API Filstar canister filter are made of thick high-quality plastic components. This allows them to last longer than other filters made of inferior plastic.
It comes equipped with Bio-Chem Zorb; an activated carbon + high-performance adsorption resin. Bio-Chem Stars; a porous plastic biological filter.
EHEIM Classic External Canister Filter
The Eheim Classic is a simple aquarium canister filter with basic functions. There’s no media basket and the filtration material is set inside the canister.
The Eheim Classic canister filters do not have media baskets. Filtration material is placed directly inside the canister.
It comes with a spray bar, inlet pipe, hose, and other installation accessories as well as filter media (EHEIM Mech & Substrat Pro) and valves.
Hydor Professional External Canister Filter
The Hydor professional filter has everything you need to keep your fish tank clean. It has a biological, mechanical, and chemical filtration system to ensure that the water in your aquarium is clean and clear.
Included attachments: Media baskets with mechanical filter pads and biological filtration media.
- What is a canister aquarium filter? -Canister Filters – The First Tank Guide – Filtering Your Aquarium Water –https://www.firsttankguide.net/canister.php
- How often do you clean your canister filters? – Aquaria Central – https://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/threads/how-often-do-you-clean-your-canister-filters.186261/
- How Long Do Canister Filters Last? | Tropical Fish Forums – https://www.fishforums.net/threads/how-long-do-canister-filters-last.119001/
- Review of the filstar XP XL – Video – YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=kMshmQBUUpQ
- How to Clean an Eheim Classic Canister Filter, Model 2215 & 2217 – Video – YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=va64sC1eKwE
- Hydor – Professional External Filter – Video – YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-v44gqVztg