Generally, when AirPods won’t charge it is due to a faulty connection, improper charging, or a lack of charge. To fix, check your connections, charge your AirPods, and check the charge status.
Ensure that the Lightning to USB cable connects to the charging case and USB power adapter. Also, ensure that the power adapter connects to the power outlet.
For Qi-compatible chargers, ensure that the cable connects to the charger and that the other end connects to the power outlet.
Put your AirPods in their charging case and close the lid. Charge both the case and the AirPods for 15 minutes with the cable that came with your AirPods.
For Wireless Charging Cases and Qi-compatible chargers, put the case with status light facing up. The status light ought to turn on for a few seconds then turn off while the charge continues.
Should the light not turn on, re-position the case. And, if the case still does not charge, charge with the cable that came with the case instead.
Open the lid of the case while your AirPods are inside. Hold the case close to the iOS device. A charging icon next to the battery icon under your AirPods should be visible.
For further assistance, contact Apple Support or view the below information:
- How to Fix AirPods Case not Charging – Techzillo
- If your AirPods won’t charge – Apple Support
- Charge your AirPods with charging case and learn about battery life – Apple Support
- Right Airpod won’t charge properly: Apple – Reddit
- Left AirPod not charging in case : airpods – Reddit
- Airpods won’t charge? Just charge them! – Reddit